Leistungen > Beratung > Methoden > FMEA VDA&AIAG
Supplier / System Engineer Automotive Industry
Suppliers and system developers in the automotive industry in Germany and North America are obliged to develop FMEA as part of development and planning. The methodological specifications in the respective standards and manuals of AIAG and the VDA show differences. These often lead to discussions, multiplication and complexity.
The working group of the two organizations VDA and AIAG are therefore developing a joint document with FMEA requirements and expectations for development partners (system developers) and suppliers of the automotive industry.
Dietz Consultants will regularly report on the process and the contents of the FMEA approach to VDA and AIAG.
What has so far become known:
1. The joint FMEA method description according to VDA / AIAG will contain six steps (Instead of the five steps to VDA so far). "Scoping" is a further step in the development the FMEA.
2. The risk priority number (RPZ) as a product of the occurrence probability, importance of the Error sequences and discoverability, will no longer be part of the method description.
The following companies are represented in the work group:
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems
- Continental Automotive
- Continental Teves AG & OHG
- Daimler AG
- Daimler Trucks NA LLC
- FCA US LLC
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors Company
- Honda North America, Inc.
- Lear Corporation
- Nexteer Automotive
- ON Semiconductor
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Schaeffler AG
- Verband Der Automobilindustrie E. V. (VDA)